The Big Beanbag Co.
Hand-made in Cornwall, these high-quality bean bags are as eco-friendly and environmentally aware as possible;
THE FIRST TRULY ‘GREEN’ BEAN BAGS are a World first.
They are filled with BioFoam® beads, a compostable biopolymer made from plants, that is child and pet friendly, doesn’t harm the environment and keeps its shape, ensuring the bean bags are incredibly comfortable.
BioFoam® is the perfect solution and they are the only bean bag company in the World using this vegetable-based alternative. BioFoam® is CO2 neutral, non-hazardous, hygienic, light-weight & durable.
The Big Beanbag company works hard to make sure all their products have minimal impact on the environment. This includes the use of threads manufactured from recycled plastic bottles, and all the materials used in the bean bags, stools and cushions can be repurposed or recycled.
Collection features include:
- Unique Compostable Filling
- 100% Cotton Weave: it’s soft and safe against your skin
- Attractive neutral shade colour options
- Hand-made and high quality
- Soft, comfy, durable and hard wearing; fabrics have been tested to 26,000 rubs
- Light and portable; largest product is under 5kg
- Washable* (see below)
- Uses recycled thread; soft double stitching made from recycled plastic bottles
- Zip safety features;
- A Bean Bag for life: refill – reuse – reinvent – recycle
* The outer covering can have small stains wet sponged out, but for bigger stains the covering can be completely removed and dry cleaned.
Product Feature: The Bean Bag
- Dove and Oyster:
- Cream and Cocoa:
- Pebble and Orca:
These sleek two-tone Bean Bags follow modern interior trends. Their size is perfect for adding additional seating within our Nap Havens, dedicated office space for napping or use at home. The Bean Bag collection features contemporary paneling and a detail piped edge. It is designed to provide back support of optimum comfort.
It’s more than just a Bean Bag too; this comfortable Bean Bag has a chair like structure that will look stylish in any working and/or living space. Generously filled with compostable corn-starch filling which is kind to the environment, the seating area is large and provides a raised back for additional comfort.
The contrasting colour topstitch and delicate piped edge results in a tailored finish. The product is durable and robust thanks to the outer seams being topstitched and strong thread is used that has been manufactured using recycled plastic bottles.
All fabrics are 100% cotton and tightly weaved for longevity and maximum comfort. The Bean Bags are sturdy but still light enough to move from room to room. A hard-wearing auto lock zip is used and the outer bag is removable and can be washed to ensure your Bean Bag always looks its best.
Your Bean Bag will arrive generously filled so all you have to do is remove from the box and take a seat and relax. All products are designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom (Cornwall base).
Fabrics and fillings
- Biopolymer filling that looks and acts like a polystyrene bead but is compostable
- 100% cotton cover
- 100% calico barrier interlining that has been tested to the latest fire safety standards
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- Outer bag 100% natural meaning no nasty chemicals against the skin
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for decoration
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- Thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Durable and hard wearing
- Outer cover is removable
82cm high x 75cm length x 80cm width
All Bean Bags are generously filled with the unique biopolymer filling for ultimate comfort and a sturdy structure.
For any light stains on the outer cover, you can spot clean with a damp cloth and leave to dry. More stubborn stains will require you to remove the outer cover. Because products are made from natural fabrics you must dry clean only.
Keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid natural bleaching of colours.
Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your Bean Bag product and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to their original shape.
As the outer cover is made from 100% cotton, some bobbling will occur due to the natural fibres, this is normal. Use a lint remover over the worst areas to remove the fluff. This will cause no harm to the product but will have it looking as good as new.
As top quality weaved fabrics are used, any loose threads should be cut and not pulled as this will damage the product
Box dimensions - 70cm x 70cm x 70cm
Packaging has been kept simple. You will receive your product in just the box its posted in. All we ask is you recycle the box and sit back and enjoy your new beanbag.
Normally dispatch orders within two weeks, however because of the handmade nature of our products in some instances it can take longer. You will receive a confirmation email when the product is dispatched, and you should receive it the next working day via DHL.